Thursday, June 2

Upcoming event for writers in the Greater Vancouver area

I'm an active member of the Editors' Association of Canada. As the PR chair for the BC branch, it's my job to come up with useful events that promote the branch and our members. So, on August 13, EAC-BC will host a Blue Pencil event in downtown Vancouver. It's an opportunity for writers to get free input on their work from EAC-BC editors.

As coordinator, I will provide a selection of editors with varying specialties (fiction and non-fiction) for writers to choose from. Interested writers can submit an excerpt (no more than 15 pages + synopsis) of their book, story, or article manuscript, and indicate their top 3 choices for editor. The editor will read the excerpt and prepare a reader's report. At the Blue Pencil event, writer and editor will meet to discuss the report, and the editor will be available to discuss any questions the writer has about the editorial process.

Having a professional analyze your manuscript for strengths and weaknesses for free is wonderful opportunity. All of the editors taking part in this event will be doing so in the hopes of gaining new clients, so I expect top-notch work from all of them. There will be between 40-60 spaces available for writers who want to participate, on a first-come, first-served basis. 

We have a lot of great editors in our membership, and I hope you'll be able to find someone to create a lasting relationship with.

I'll be drawing up an official info sheet soon. I just thought I'd give my readers a heads-up. If you have any questions, you can post them here, or email me at bcpr [@] editors.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment